Forster Running Festival 2017
Come And Run Forster!
Brooks/Compressport Forster Running Festival 10th September 2017
Come and be a part of the Forster Running Festival – there is an event here for everyone… and a NEW challenge for the seasoned fun runner too!
The Forster Running Festival is in its’ 8th year of running now, with each year becoming more and more successful. The event could not be a success without the support of our local sponsors, so when you come to Forster please make sure you check out these businesses and help to support our local community.
We now offer you another reason to get away for a perfect spring weekend and visit our beautiful town in the Great Lakes. Surrounded by ocean and the stunning Wallis Lake, you will make your way running over the Forster Tuncurry Bridge and along both breakwalls, where all this beauty will form an amazing backdrop to one of the most picturesque run courses you will experience.
The event will be staged from Forster Main Beach area. Enjoy a family day out of fun and fitness where competitors can choose from the kids 4km or 2km fun run, 5km run, 10km run and a Half Marathon. Alternatively, you can choose to take on the ultimate challenge: the “Treble Bridge Buster”. Not a runner? Team up with your friends and family and enjoy the beautiful 4km IMF #WalkSweatInspire event, taking in the stunning foreshore.
NEW in 2017:
- The Treble Bridge Buster – Where you collect 4 medals for completing 3 events. Run the Half Marathon, followed by the 10k and complete with a victory lap over the 5k Fun Run
- Get your name/nickname on your BIB simply by registering before late entries close on Friday 21st July 2017
- Team Trophy and $500 social club award. Make sure you register your team or join a team when entering. The largest participating team will be announced as the winner of the award. Treble counts as 3 points with all other events contributing 1 point to team leaderboard.
- We have NEW Medals… we’ll share our awesome new design with you soon.
- We will have a number of prize draws in the lead up to the event. Prizes have been provided by new co-presenting sponsor Compressport. The earlier you register the more chances you have to WIN.
- The Indigenous Marathon Foundation have joined as our fundraising partner of the Forster Running Festival. In addition to this we’ll be providing opportunities for young indigenous kids to participate in their first fun run event. In addition to this we will host many graduates of the ‘Running to America’ program including Charlie Maher (first Aboriginal to finish the New York Marathon)
We generally have beautiful weather during the Running Festival, which is perfect for a dip in the ocean after the run. All competitors throughout the day receive finishing medals, fresh fruit, and ice cream for their recovery. The stage is set for the Forster Running Festival to be a great event. Get your entry in before the Early Bird finishes on Friday 21st July 2017.
Good luck with your training and preparations for the Forster Running Festival. We look forward to welcoming you, cheering you on and sharing an energised weekend.
Forster & Port Macquarie Running Festival